THE VDT COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED CAREER CORNER
Our people are our assets. At VDT Communications Limited, we believe that a highly skilled workforce in a conducive environment will facilitate the achievement of our business goals.
- We are committed to investing in our people in other to improve their personal and professional capabilities.
- Encourage and reward excellent performance in other to promote a continuous learning tradition.
- Developing employee competitions and preparing them to assume greater responsibilities within the company.
Our customers are our PRIDE! If you are passionate about working for a brand that believes in excellent service delivery, then VDT Communications Limited is the place for you… We do not just stop at Customer Satisfaction…Delight is what we want to give! If you are enthusiastic about customer delight as much as we are and have a drive for an interesting career, kindly submit an application for one of our open positions. PROUDLY ISO CERTIFIED!
Current Job Openings
Job Title: GRADUATE TRAINEE PROGRAM
Job Type: TRAINEE
At VDT Communications, we are at the forefront of providing Wide Area Network (WAN) and Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) link connectivity using Fiber Optic and Wireless Communication infrastructure and access networks.
With presence in all of the 36 states of Nigeria including the FCT, we are a leading broadband communication service provider to corporate organizations with expansions into the 4G LTE retail data space.
The VDT Graduate Trainee Program is a One-Year intensive program that grooms budding engineers to become well rounded professionals. From the very first day of the program till the end, you will be exposed to a rich blend of both Classroom and On-The Job trainings. You will get a chance to learn from some of the industry’s finest engineers in addition to other commercial and leadership modules that sets you apart from your peers.
As you progress in the course of the training, you get a chance to work on routine and special projects that will broaden your perspective and deepen your knowledge of the telecoms field. You will also be provided with guidance and support through a mentorship program.
If you are smart, innovative and meet the entry requirements then let’s get to meet you.
Prospective candidates must:
- ● Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Electronics, Computer Engineering discipline (Computer Science or Physics with strong Engineering bias may be considered)
- ● Have a minimum of Second class lower
- ● CCNA or any related professional certification is an added advantage
- ● Not have graduated earlier than 2015
- ● Not be more than 26 years old by December 2018.
- ● Have completed NYSC with a valid discharge certificate
- ● Not have previously written the VDT Graduate Trainee test
Interested applicants should:
Send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with VDTGTP_Name as the Subject of the Mail
September 28, 2018
Job Title: FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER
This role is responsible for monitoring and review of all financial transactions in Company’s General Ledger, to ensure strict compliance with the company’s financial policies and regulations rendering report on findings. Also, it is responsible for the Preparation and Presentation of Error–free Management Accounts and Reports on Periodic Basis; Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-annually & annually as well as occasions demand.
Business Strategy, Financial Policies and Processes
- ● Review of Ledger entries to ensure that transactions are properly posted and reconciliations carried out where necessary.
- ● Prepare and coordinate financial audit process.
- ● Ensure all tax deductions treated correctly in the financial statements.
Budget Management & Financial Reporting
- ● Prepare special analysis on ongoing projects; participate in the development portions of the quarterly rolling plan and annual budget and preparation of return on Investment
- ● Assist in the preparation of monthly and yearly financial report of the Company
- ● Preparation of monthly amortization schedule for prepaid expenses and posting to the ledger.
- ● Ensure that bank payment transactions are posted accurately into the ledger.
- ● Ensure that imprest payments and expenses are posted accurately into the ledger.
- ● Reconcile trade creditors’ balances and other balances in the account.
- ● Preparation of schedule for monthly VAT remittance to FIRS.
- ● Prepare error-free Management Accounts and Reports Preparation and Presentation on Periodic Basis; Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-annually & annually.
- ● Implement all established budgetary and financial policies and procedures
- ● Recommend budgetary control for improvement of operations.
- ● Administer the income and expense budget.
- ● Verify that all transactions in the areas of budget control, finance, and accounts are effected in accordance with established regulations, rules, directives and procedures.
- ● Align the budget input with the board approved framework earlier communicated
- ● Treasury Management
- ● Manage cash flows to ensure proper financial reporting.
- ● Prepare the periodic cash flows vis-à-vis quarterly, bi–annually, monthly, weekly.
- ● Ensure all cash and cheque receipts are lodged into banks intact and confirming same.
- ● Ensure that confirmation letters for cheque payments are sent to the bank on time.
- ● Coordinating with the banks to ensure that banking issues are adequately resolved within the shortest possible time which must not affect the business.
- ● Supervising the preparation of imprest payment schedules on a weekly basis for points-of-presence POP’s in all regions.
- ● Ensure proper capturing of POP’s approved limit of imprest.
- ● Ensure that statutory taxes (VAT & WHT) on receivables and payments are timely computed and reported.
- ● Ensure right application of tax rates (VAT & Withholding Tax) on all payments due to the Company.
- ● Assist in the provision of necessary documents and explanations for year-end audit.
- ● Compliance with all internal working agreements as spelt out in the Operating Level Agreement (OLA) amongst various departments, and draw-up reports as and when required.
- ● Compliance with all ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 20000 Frameworks and Requirements, and draw-up reports as and when required.
- ● Maintain compliance with the Company’s Overall Policy Thrusts and that of Finance and Accounts department in particular, and draw-up reports as and when required.
- ● Assist colleagues on treatment of accounting issues.
- ● Provide explanation on financial regulatory framework when necessary on accounting issues.
- ● Participate in the monthly Knowledge Sharing Sessions with meaningful contributions.
- ● Coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth operation of the department.
- ● Coordinate with staff of finance and accounts department to ensure timely generation of reports.
- ● Coordinate with the internal audit department to ensure that the periodic audit is effective and smooth.
- ● Coordinate with the auditors to ensure that year end audit is smooth.
- ● Ensure that Capital Expenditure Approval document is raised before any asset is bought.
- ● Ensure that all assets bought are physically seen in order to confirm existence of such asset(s).
- ● Ensure that all assets are recorded in the system (Assets Register) for control purposes.
- ● Ensure that movement of assets from one location to another is brought to the awareness of finance and accounts department, and accord proper accounting treatment.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- ● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- ● ACA or ACCA professional certification is a must.
- ● Ability to use the Sage Accounting software and/or other ERP
- ● Data integrity with eyes for details
- ● Ability to work under pressure
- ● Ability to consistently demonstrate a high level of integrity and responsibility
- ● Good oral and written communication skill
- ● Report writing skill
- ● Advanced skills in MS office suites with Financial Modelling
- ● Good understanding of the IT and Communication industry services and legal regulatory framework.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com on or before 1st October 2018 with FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER as subject of mail.